Monday, November 12, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Cookies - Been There, Pinned That



   Who hasn't fallen head over heels for Pinterest these days?  The other day my grandma walked into her kitchen and announced sadly, "My flipflop just broke."

   Simultaneously both my aunt and my husband...yes, I said my husband...nearly screamed, "I know how to fix that!"  I knew how to fix it too because, like them, I had seen it on Pinterest.

   So I thought I would ocassionally post the results of pins that I actually pin and use.  First up is some yummy "cookies" I made the other day after seeing them on Pinterest.  The original pin came from a blog called Runs for Cookies Recipes.

Pumpkin Spice Cookies

This recipe is so simple that even I could make it.  We did double the original in order to fit the needs of our super sized family....oh, and I added chocolate chips. :)

Ingredients:
2 boxes of Spice Cake Mix
1 large can of pumpkin
1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips

Simply mix the Spice Cake mix and pumpkin together.  Really easy, but you'll be a little worried at first.  Try humming along with Dori from Finding Nemo..."just keep mixing, mixing, mixing...".  Seriously, mix for several minutes and it will eventually look like the above pic.  Fold in the chocolate chips.

Place spoonful "lumps" onto a baking sheet and bake according to cake mix directions.  I got about 6 dozen cookies.
I have to admit, they were oh-so-yummy!  But I think they were far too cake-like to be called cookies.  I would consider them more like 'muffin-tops'.  Whatever you call them, we will be making them again and again! Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Chuckling at the name "muffin tops". I tried this pinterest recipe a while back and loved it, but we did them as muffins in a muffin tin. Yesterday, I mixed it up as a cake and then poured a butter/brown sugar glaze over the top....Oh.My.Sweet.Giddy.Aunt. Best cake every. I'm making it again tomorrow. It's just that good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails