Monday, November 23, 2009

Life on the Farm for preschoolers




As a 2nd year member of the TOS Homeschool Crew, I have been given the wonderful opportunity to review many homeschool products over the next several months. The only compensation that I receive for my review is the free product. I feel truly blessed to be participating in this review group and I'm looking forward to trying out more products and giving you my honest opinion.



It's not often that I can find a game that all of my children enjoy playing but the Preschool Edition of Life on the Farm has become a big hit around our house recently. H4 has been especially excited about this new game since she can be her own player...instead of being a "helper" to another older player.

So what makes this game so appealing? For starters the board and pieces are made of a thick, durable foam that is so appropriate for little destroyers...uh, I mean toddlers/preschoolers. The gameboard is actually four large puzzle pieces, which makes just putting the board together a fun game in and of itself. The characters on the board are cute and colorful and the game play is simple and fun.

Players are each given a barn shaped, foam board and move around the board collecting shapes with different farm animals on them to fit like a puzzle piece in their barn. Players can be pre-readers as well since they move around the board simply by drawing a card. The card will show them where to move. For example, if there are two blue squares on the card the player simple moves to the second blue square from where they are on the board.

I absolutely loved that this was a game that even E2 could play. Of course he still needed help, but he had a blast collecting his farm animals and fitting them into his board. And I wasn't worried at all about him bending or tearing the pieces. It's also been wonderful to pull Life on the Farm out when I am otherwise occupied with the baby since this is a game that doesn't require my instruction or supervision. I recently sent the kids upstairs to play it while Baby L's home therapists were over for a consultation. All of the kids played quietly without interrupting us!

The Original Life on the Farm Game (for ages 8 and up) and the Preschool Edition of Life on the Farm can be purchased from We R Fun, Inc. The Preschool Edition is $20.

For more reviews, visit the TOS Crew blog.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails