Monday, November 2, 2009

Mmmm...Smells good

As a 2nd year member of the TOS Homeschool Crew, I have been given the wonderful opportunity to review many homeschool products over the next several months. The only compensation that I receive for my review is the free product. I feel truly blessed to be participating in this review group and I'm looking forward to trying out more products and giving you my honest opinion.


Luxurious, delicious-smelling, handcrafted, all-natural, homemade soaps....now this is a review that I have truly enjoyed taking part in!

Virginia Soaps & Scents is a company that has created a line of all-natural, hand crafted soaps and it all started as homeschool history lesson! I found this story of their soaps and the results they've seen quite interesting.

As a member of the TOS Crew, I received a sample pack of Virginia Soaps & Scents products to review that included 3 of their soaps. The scents I received were Fresh Orange, Coconut Lemongrass, and Oatmeal Milk & Honey.

The Fresh Orange was a very sweet smell which I put in the kids bathroom. Coconut Lemongrass had a nice clean smell, but my favorite scent was the Oatmeal Milk & Honey. I expected the scents to be stronger and probably would have preferred it because they smelled that good. The soap itself felt sooo creamy and nice.

Virginia Soaps & Scents sell their 4.5 oz. bars for $4.50 a bar, or 3 for 12, or Buy 4 Get 1 Free. They come in many different scents, including three holiday scents...I'm especially wanting to get my hands on the Peppermint soap! You'll also find their soaps packaged in beautiful and reasonably priced gift packs...perfect for Christmas!

I also received an Unscented Shampoo Bar to try....again, another very interesting story behind the Shampoo Bar on their website. However, as much as I wanted to like it, I'm afraid I didn't have great success with this bar. When I used it in the shower, it lathered up pretty well, but once I rinsed it my hair felt a little stiff. It still felt stiff when I was blow drying it, sort of like I had soap residue on my hair. It did look clean however, so I decided to go to bed and wait until the next day.

The next day, I styled my hair as usual and left for co-op. But by the end of the day, I was dying to get home and wash my hair. Other TOS Crewmembers have had wonderful results with Shampoo Bar and some liked it better after using it a few times or combining it with a vinegar rinse. In addition, my kids and husband both seemed to really like the ease of the Shampoo Bar...so much so, that they completely used the bar up before I got a chance to try it a second time!

The 5.5 oz. Shampoo bar is sold for $5.50 or 2 for $10 in three different scents and unscented.

Lastly, I also received Virginia Soaps & Scents Laundry Soap Kit which sells for $4.95. It includes all the ingredients necessary, including VSS' unscented cleaning soap, to make 2 gallons of a heavy gel laundry detergent. I've made the powder version of homemade laundry detergent before, but this was my first time making the gel version. It was very easy and my laundry has been fresh and clean with this detergent. Personally, I prefer to make my own since it is cheaper and I also prefer to use a scented soap. I do think VSS Laundry Soap Kit would be perfect for someone who just wants to try out homemade laundry soapmaking and I also think it would be perfect to include in a gift basket...maybe to a new bride or new neighbor.

I highly suggest checking out the Virginia Soaps & Scents website and supporting this homeschool family. You might also enjoy reading more reviews on the TOS Crew blog.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I just had to stop in and tell you that I'm already laughing about your story of the littles and their "fun". I'm also very sorry and sympathetic, but can't help from laughing!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails