Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Alphabet Beats dvds


As a 2nd year member of the TOS Homeschool Crew, I have been given the wonderful opportunity to review many homeschool products over the next several months. The only compensation that I receive for my review is the free product. I feel truly blessed to be participating in this review group and I'm looking forward to trying out more products and giving you my honest opinion.

Some of my children have picked up handwriting quite easily while others have struggled (and whined) their way through it. However, with Alphabet Beats, handwriting instruction has suddenly become quite easy around here.

The Alphabet Beats Handwriting program is a set of two dvds that instructs your 2 1/2 - 8 year old how to write the alphabet. We received the 'lowercase letters' dvd and I immediately began using it with my daughter H4 and nephew N5. Now H4 actually enjoys handwriting and does copywork all on her own, but N5 is quite typical of boys his age...and does not enjoy handwriting at all. But do you want to know something funny? He does enjoy Alphabet Beats.

You wouldn't be so surprised after watching it though, because Alphabet Beats is more than just handwriting. It is 26 mini-units on each letter of the alphabet and includes vocabulary words, shape recognition, life skills, and more. Miss Marnie is the instructor who sings her way through writing each letter with easily memorized chants and an engaging personality. Each lesson is only 5 minutes in length and very reminiscent of a Sesame Street video. It is no problem for my kids to sit through 3 or 4 lessons and fill up their whiteboards with neatly printed letters.

Each Alphabet Beats dvd sells for $35 or $64.99 for both. I'm not jumping up and down over that price, but I can tell you that I will definitely be getting a lot of use out of our dvd. Other dvds and workbooks are available for purchase from Alphabet Beats. More reviews can be found at the TOS Crew blog. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails