Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Terrestria Chronicles

As a 2nd year member of the TOS Homeschool Crew, I have been given the wonderful opportunity to review many homeschool products over the next several months. The only compensation that I receive for my review is the free product. I feel truly blessed to be participating in this review group and I'm looking forward to trying out more products and giving you my honest opinion.


There are few things in life that I enjoy more than curling up to a good book. I'm currently reading through a series I received from Ed Dunlop Ministries called The Terrestria Chronicles. The following descriptions from the first two books are from their website:


Young Josiah is a slave to Argamor, the powerful warlord who has plans to seize the throne from King Emmanuel. When Josiah fails in his attempt to escape slavery, Emmanuel not only sets him free forever, but adopts him into the Royal Family. The book presents an unforgettable picture of our salvation and reminds the reader what a wondrous thing it is to be redeemed. Alive with fast-paced action in a medieval setting, Book 1 of the Terrestria allegory series encourages the reader to live as a child of the King.





When King Emmanuel sends Prince Josiah on a difficult journey to various castles across the kingdom, the young prince is unprepared for the dangers and temptations that he will face. As Josiah grows in the knowledge of his King and strives to become like him, he learns the importance of following his Book and listening for the voice of the Dove. Book 2 of the delightful Terrestria allegory series challenges the reader to examine his/her relationship with the King.

There are seven books total in the series. The Terrestria Chronicles allegory series was written with a three-fold purpose: to honor Jesus Christ as King, to challenge young readers to love and serve Him, and to teach them to guard their hearts for Him. These books are much like Pilgrim's Progress geared towards ages 10-14.

As much as I would like to tell you that I have devoured through these books, the honest truth is that I am reading them through bit by bit but enjoying them nonetheless. This isn't a genre that particularly interests me, but I love what the books stand for and think that there should be more books like these for teens and tweens. I plan to add this series to our Read Aloud list but will probably wait a year or so when the vocabulary and allegory won't be such a challenge for for our younger ones.

The books sell for just $7.99 and can be bought on their website where you'll free excerpts of the books and even other free ebooks by Ed Dunlop to download. For more reviews of this series, click over to the TOS Crew.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails