Sunday, April 11, 2010

Language Arts from Critical Thinking


As a 2nd year member of the TOS Homeschool Crew, I have been given the wonderful opportunity to review many homeschool products over the next several months. The only compensation that I receive for my review is the free product. I feel truly blessed to be participating in this review group and I'm looking forward to trying out more products and giving you my honest opinion.


This is the second time I've had the opportunity to review a product from The Critical Thinking Co. and once again, I am thoroughly impressed.

Language Smarts Level C is geared towards 2nd grade students which made it a perfect fit for A8. Generally A8 would rather walk across hot coals than participate in any subject that requires a significant... no, any amount of writing, but she has been totally won over by the bright colors and fun illustrations that she actually finishes pages (note the plural) of this book quickly.

Language Smarts Level C has 320 pages of vocabulary, grammar, punctuation, reading, and writing skills. I love that I can simply hand A8 the book without preparation and generally she can do the lessons without needing assistance from me.

The book does cost $39.99, which is pretty standard with all of The Critical Thinking Co. books and I have to admit, does make me cringe a little. If it weren't for the cost, I would be ordering up a whole boatload of their books for all of my students because they offer quality workbooks in many different subjects. Check out their website for more info and the TOS Crew for more reviews of this product.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Do you think this would be something I could work with Simon on during the summer? He is struggling in reading mainly because he "just doesn't want to do it". But when he sits down with the teacher he can do the work. I have got to think of something to make him "want" to do it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails