Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Christian Keyboarding

As a 2nd year member of the TOS Homeschool Crew, I have been given the wonderful opportunity to review many homeschool products over the next several months. The only compensation that I receive for my review is the free product. I feel truly blessed to be participating in this review group and I'm looking forward to trying out more products and giving you my honest opinion.

I never quite learned correct typing skills when I was in school and have often thought that I wish I had. I'm certain that I don't need to tell you how valuable such a skill will be to our children. In today's society, there is virtually no job field where computers are not being used. My husband often laments over this very fact. Even while managing a tire store, he would complain about how his "hunting and pecking" while attempting to enter in customer's information into the computer would slow him down.

Christian Keyboarding is a company creating products to help homeschools and private schools teach typing skills to their students. The most unique aspect to their curriculum is that they use Scripture to accomplish the task.

Keyboarding for the Christian School - Elementary Version is for grades K-5 and offers "the basics of learning the keyboard with the help of Miss Mable the Ladybug." I've been surprised at how much my 3rd and 2nd grader look forward to these lessons. They first learned the correct sitting position and placement of their hands. Then they have begun to memorize the alphabet keys and numeric keys. Other lessons will include "centering", "enumerated lists", and "timed writings" in which they will type several chapters from the book of Psalms.




Keyboarding for the Christian School
is geared towards older students who need beginner lessons in typing. It covers the same lessons as the Elementary version, but also includes how to type APA and MLA reports, letters, tables, and more.

Both of these Keyboarding curriculum are offered in ebook format and can be purchased at the Christian Keyboarding website. Keyboarding for the Christian School is only $15.95 and the Elementary Version just $12.95. You can also receive $5 off your order when you enter in the discount code: NewYear5 before Feb. 28th. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails