Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Maestro Classics





As a 2nd year member of the TOS Homeschool Crew,, I have been given the wonderful opportunity to review many homeschool products over the next several months. The only compensation that I receive for my review is the free product. I feel truly blessed to be participating in this review group and I'm looking forward to trying out more products and giving you my honest opinion.


I played the violin throughout middle school and high school and I can still remember sitting in class, listening to my orchestra teacher describe the story behind the piece of classical music we were listening to. I loved how the story made the music come alive.

Maestro Classics is a company creating CDs that tell classic children's stories and combine them with beautiful classical music. On the same CD, they also educate the listener about the music they chose, the instruments played, and how it effects the story.

We received the Maestro Classic's The Tortoise and the Hare. This version stays true to the original, much-beloved tale but adds a few fun, new characters to the plot. The storyteller does a beautiful and entertaining job of portraying the characters and keeping the listener interested.

I brought this CD along with us when I had to load all seven kiddos up for a doctor's appointment on Monday. It's a 45 minute trip and I'm happy to report that the kid's were quiet, content, and entertained the entire way...even without a Nintendo DS or Gameboy!

Maestro Classics sells their CDs for $16.98 and they also offer gift sets that include picture books. Some of their other titles include Peter and the Wolf, The Story of Swan Lake, and Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel. You can listen to samples of their award winning CDs here on their site.

And I don't know about you, but a classic tale combined with classical music is much sweeter to my ears while driving than the Mario Brother's theme song!

You'll find many more reviews of Maestro Classics from homeschool moms at the TOS Crew blog.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shanna!

    This is a belated thanks for the wonderful review of our Tortoise and the Hare CD. I just wanted to let you know that since you reviewed our CD we've made a Facebook page so that our fans can participate in monthly giveaways (we have a big one coming up for the full 8 CD set!) and get coupons. We'd love to invite you and your readers to join our page or check out our new free homeschool music curriculum guides and thanks again for the lovely review!

    Ruth
    Maestro Classics

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails