Monday, December 1, 2008

G8's Baptism!

G7 turned 8 on Thanksgiving Day. He decided a couple of weeks ago that he was ready to be baptized and wanted to do it the Sunday after his birthday. The whole family including my dad and stepmom, my mom and grandma, Chad's dad and mom, our good friends Daniel and Jeni, and of course all our kiddos (excluding E1 and Baby L who were in the nursery) where there to see Chad baptize Gavin.

Here is G8 in the atrium of the church. This was before service as we were waiting for some friends and family to arrive. He said he was nervous, but he handled it really well, because I couldn't tell at all.

Here Chad is telling everyone how proud we are of G8 and his decision. We certainly are!



And here he is...showing to the world that he has been raised to new life in Christ!

It was a sweet day indeed.

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." -3 John 1:4 Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm praising the Lord with the angels! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanna, if it's any consolation - I'm STILL deciding what we'll use for our Advent studies! I'm off to check out the Amanda Bennett study again...I bought it and never used it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shanna! I didn't stop to read your post! I just followed your link and commented away. But I just sat down to check my bloglines and realized it was a new post and I am sorry to skip over such a beautiful thing. Wow! Chad got to baptize him!?! That is AWESOME! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PRAISE THE LORD!!
    What a great blessing!
    And...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your sweet boy! We share our special days!


    And...I have MORE great news! YOU WON!! You won La Clase Divertida from my blog!! CONGRATS! Email me with your full name and address and we'll get it right out to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!
    That is SO beautiful!
    Praise God for hearts turned toward Him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last comment was mine...oops!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails