Thursday, February 4, 2010

Girl's Fingerless Gloves

A7 has been asking me to make her a pair of fingerless gloves since I made mine back before Christmas. I finished hers up right after Christmas and they really turned out cute. Each glove worked up in about an hour.


You'll need two skeins of yarn, a size H crochet hook, and a yarn needle.

Color A = purple
Color B = pink

Abbreviations:
ch = chain
sl st = slip stitch
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet
fpdc = front post double crochet
bpdc = back post double crochet

Special Stitches:
picot = *sc, ch 1, sc* in same stitch

Starting with Color A ch 22.

(I would stop here and measure accordingly. Everyone's hands are going to be slightly different. Basically, what you have chained should wrap around the width of your child's 4 fingers. This glove will be worked from the top down to the wrist, leaving a hole open for the thumb.)

Join with sl st into 1st ch.

Row 1: ch 1. sc in each ch around. Join.

Row 2-11: ch 1. sc in each sc around. Join.

Row 12-19: ch 1. TURN. sc in each sc around. DO NOT join.

Row 20: ch 1. TURN. sc in each sc around. JOIN.

Row 21: ch 2. dc in each sc around. Join.

Row 22: Switch to color B. ch 2. *fpdc, bpdc* around. Join.

Row 23-25: Alternating between Color A and B each row, repeat Row 22. Tie off on last round.

Top Edging:
Join with Color B. Ch 1. "sc, picot* around. Join. Tie off.

Finishing:
Embroider hearts around the gloves using Color B as shown in picture. Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Peggyann and I have been looking for crochet fingerless gloves. I see lots of knit ones, but I don't knit. I think I found you on one pretty thing. Thanks for sharing your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Peggyann and I have been looking for crochet fingerless gloves. I see lots of knit ones, but I don't knit. I think I found you on one pretty thing. Thanks for sharing your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute I wish I could make them! If you are interested, stop by and link this up to my Thursday carnival, Make it, Wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those turned out so cute! I wish I knew how to crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Shanna~ Lis from the TOS Crew here.

    Great Blog! Quick question... do you happen to have the adult version of this pattern available? Or is it easy enough to modify? (I knit more than I crochet...)

    This looks like the perfect thing to keep my fingers toasty while at the computer keyboard. (Whichever hand is typing is always COLD!)

    Blessings~
    Lis

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails