Friday, February 19, 2010

Music through Literature

As a 2nd year member of the TOS Homeschool Crew, I have been given the wonderful opportunity to review many homeschool products over the next several months. The only compensation that I receive for my review is the free product. I feel truly blessed to be participating in this review group and I'm looking forward to trying out more products and giving you my honest opinion.


Zeezok Publishing is a company offering a wonderful series of books called the Great Musician Series. Books can be purchased individually or in a set that will explore the lives of two great musicians.

There are many sets available but we received The Young Brahms/Franz Schubert and His Merry Friends set. Along with those two titles, the set includes two study guides and a companion CD with music from both artists.

The beautiful music on the CDs are not the only "sweet music to my ears" that these books have brought us...the other is the sound of my little ones asking for "just one more chapter, please" when we are reading these delightful stories about the young lives of the composers. And I have to tell you that there is no other way that I would rather teach my children then to teach them through wonderful stories and literature. And for that reason, the Great Musician Series by Zeezok is the perfect fit for our family.

At first glance, you might feel like these stories are only for a younger crowd but I would argue that I have enjoyed reading the stories as much as my children. We review a lot of homeschool products in this house and because of that we often shelve products as soon as we are finished reviewing them - even the ones we like - to make time for other reviews and our core curriculum. Perhaps the best compliment I can give this product is that we will not be shelving these books, but will continue to use them until we are finished.

The sets in the Great Musician Series from Zeezok are priced at $35.80. They also offer other homeschooling resources such as a Handwriting Series that some of the other moms on the TOS Crew reviewed. Check out all of the reviews here. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails