Sunday, February 7, 2010

Worship Guitar for Kids


As a 2nd year member of the TOS Homeschool Crew, I have been given the wonderful opportunity to review many homeschool products over the next several months. The only compensation that I receive for my review is the free product....in this case, access to free online streaming video lessons. I feel truly blessed to be participating in this review group and I'm looking forward to trying out more products and giving you my honest opinion.

All of my kids have shown an interest in learning to play the guitar, but my oldest has especially been interested. So we were thrilled to get the opportunity to review Jean Welle's Worship Guitar Class for Kids.
Here are a few stats about the program from their site:
With Kid's Worship Guitar LessonsYour Child Will Learn:
♦ How to hold down a note to get a clear tone on the guitar.
♦ couple worship songs with the melody plucked to strengthen their hands.
♦ Half a dozen worship songs they can sing & play.
♦ 11 guitar chords .
♦ How to read guitar tab and chords charts.
♦ How to make up their own verses.
♦ Christian Values in each song
What comes with the 'Jean Welles Worship Guitar Class™for Kids' Program?...
♦ A DVD with 9 Lessons, 2 1/2 hours long.
♦ A downloadable eBook - over 30 pages!
♦ A Practice Session for every lesson, that starts with prayer.
♦ A Practice Chart you can photocopy.
♦ Options for including a Kid's Guitar.
♦ NEW - Option for online Streaming Videos
And you get all that for just $29.97! Far less expensive than private lessons!!
I really loved everything about this program. I loved that Ms. Welles is teaching not just guitar music, but worship music. I loved that the program moves slowly and isn't intimidating. I loved that the video lessons include a young student learning the lessons as well so that G9 could see someone his age playing the guitar. And I love that G9 is finally learning something that he has always wanted to learn!
We viewed our lessons by streaming online video. This worked just fine and the quality of the videos were excellent. However, I'm putting the actual dvds on my wish list because we only have one computer and our kids have limited amounts of time on the computer each day. Plus it would be easier for all of our kids to view the lessons at once around the tv.
Check out Jean Welles' website to see video excerpts of the lessons and other products that she offers...including dvd guitar lessons for adults. You can also read more reviews of this and more at the TOS Crew Blog.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails